Monday, July 21, 2008

Becomming a Master: testing for an instructor.

I was blessed last weekend to have Grand Master Na visit us from Seattle, Washington where he tested me for my 4th Degree Black Belt. Testing, as all of you know is nerve-racking and scary….even for a master. No matter how much you practice or how high your rank, testing is challenging because it requires you to effectively perform the skills that qualify you for your next rank. It is where you have to put your abilities on the line and allow others to critique and evaluate you. It is hard emotionally and physically. Yet, it is a great opportunity to develop as an individual. It provides the opportunity to build confidence in your abilities. I pray that my learning never stops. I will always strive to advance my own training as a martial artist so that I may become a more effective master instructor for my students. Please join with me in celebrating this rite-of-passage as I move into my next level of training as a martial artist and an individual. It is going to be a great year!

Taralyn S. Sorenson

1 comment:

Emily M. said...

Congratulations!! --Emily