Friday, November 14, 2008

Scary Loud Kiyaps

There is something very satisfying about drenching yourself in sweat while kicking on a giant blue bag. And also yelling, really really loud. It's a great stress reliever.

You would think that my feeble little kicks and yelps would not be so satisfying as that. Okay, they don't feel weak to me; I'm giving it all I've got. Usually. But watch Master Sorenson or our amazing instructor Kat have a go at a kicking bag. They boing back and forth, thudding and turning with every kick. So much power.

Still, in spite of my comparatively weak-legged kicks, I enjoy kicking. I like practicing one kick long enough to feel that I've really made some improvement on it. I also like (can I confess this here, to the internet and all the world) being able to do harmless violence. Very liberating. Occasionally I even produce a scary-loud kiyap.

--Emily M.

No comments: